Thursday, November 12, 2009

November 12, 2008

On Wednesday, November 12, 2008, I woke up feeling different. Nothing extreme, nothing had happened, I just felt different. I thought that maybe I was pregnant, but I had taken no less than a dozen pregnancy tests the days before November 12, 2008, and they were all negative.

As I was getting ready for work, I really didn't know if I wanted to waste the money on another test and take the chance of being let down again. By the time I finally decided that I would take just one more test, I was running really late for work and had no time to run by Wal-Mart. So, I went to the dollar store, and with my two boys asking me over and over and over again what I was buying (and me trying to dodge the question) I bought a $2.00 pregnancy test.


As soon as I got to work I took the test. Positive. I couldn't believe it. I don't think that I did believe it. I mean pregnancy tests costs $20.00, so how could a $2.00 one work?! I ran across the hall to my friend to ask her what she thought. She thought it was right. I called a friend who was a chemist and actually made pregnancy test to see what she thought and she thought it was right. But, to be on the safe side, I bought a $20.00 test during my lunch break and it said pregnant! Then just to be on the safer side, I took the second one that came in the package. Pregnant!


I was so happy, but never could I have known a year ago on that day that I would have such a sweet beautiful girl who totally has me wrapped around her little tiny finger.


A year ago today, I did not realize how complete our family would be with those three little positive sticks.

(Maybe 3 is just my blessed number =))

No comments:

Post a Comment