Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie




Made this tonight for dinner and it was oh. so. good.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

3 cups chopped cooked chicken

1 package (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained

1/2 lb (8 oz) Velveeta, cut into cubes

1 can (10 3/4 ounce) Cream of Chicken soup

1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

Make It!

Pre-heat oven to 375 degress

Combine first 4 ingredients in a 13 x 9 baking dish

Unroll dough; place over chicken mixture

Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown


While this recipe was delicious, here's a few things I will be changing next time:

I will not use frozen vegetables (my family does not like these too much and I should have known, but thought it would be different in a pot pie!)

I will put the dish in the oven for the cheese to melt before I top it with crescent rolls. Then stir it around and add the rolls on top. (When the crescent rolls were done, the chicken mixture was not warmed through enough for me and the cheese was in little clumps just where the cubes were.)

No comments:

Post a Comment