Monday, November 23, 2009

Doctor's Visit

The boys had a doctor appointment on Friday for their three and five year well checks. Lauren was going to stay with a friend of mine, but I decided to take her since we have all been coughing and having runny noses I wanted to the dr. to check her out too. I thought that I could brave this alone. I take care of all three of them by myself all day long. I've taken all three of them to store by myself. It didn't seem like a big deal at all. I. Will. Never. Do. That. Again. Never.

Sean is so terrified of the dr. that he started crying as soon as we walked in the door. He wanted me to hold him and sit in my lap the entire time. He is half my size! Lauren was screaming the whole time wanting to be held. Nathan was running around the waiting room, picking up the phone, opening and slamming doors.

Finally, we got called back into a room. We stop at the weight station. Sean falls to floor screaming. Lauren is still screaming. Nathan is running.

After about 15 minutes, we were able to get their weight and height. Off to the room we go. Sean needs to go with the nurse to check his vision and hearing. He is screaming. Lauren is still screaming. Nathan has a dirty diaper. The nurse finally gets Sean to go with her by promising him a sticker. I change Nathan's diaper and Lauren is still screaming. The nurse comes back with Sean and assures me that the dr. will be here in just one minute.

We wait. And wait. Lauren is screaming. Sean is crying and wanting in my lap. Nathan is opening the door. And slamming the door. I pick up Lauren and get everyone to sing and that keeps us busy for about 2 minutes. Nathan tries standing in the dr.'s chair to play in the sink. Sean is crying again. I put Lauren down to deal with the boys. Lauren is screaming.

After about 15 minutes, the dr. finally comes in. Sean is back in my lap crying and Nathan is back to slamming doors as I try to talk to the dr. It's time for her to examine Sean. Very loud screaming. I have to hold Sean down just for her to check his ears, throat, and listen to his heart. Finally, he is done and sits in the chair while she examines Nathan. Lauren is still screaming.

She checks out Lauren and Lauren is quiet and happy then. No one needed shots that day. Yay! Oh. Wait. Sean hasn't had his flu shot yet so we need to do that. Very loud screaming and yelling.

The nurse comes in to give Sean his shot. I have to lay my body across him to keep his arms down as the nurse grabs his legs. Lots of screaming by both Sean and Lauren.

An hour and half later, we walk out of there. Kids are happy, and I am crying and silently screaming.

***************************************************************************

* Sean weighed 48.2 pounds (90 - 95%) and is 44 1/2 inches tall (75 - 90%). He is perfectly fine and healthy!

* Nathan weighed 36.1 pounds (75 - 90%) and is 39 inches tall (75 - 90%). He still has an ear infection that he has been battling for over a month now. The dr. also thinks that his tonsils are larger than normal and that is probably why he snores and sleeps so restless. We will be seeing an ENT on December 8.

* Poor Lauren did have an ear infection in each ear. She is on medicine and all ready seems to be doing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment